dbus-cxx is a C++ wrapper for dbus. It exposes the C API to allow direct manipulation and relies on sigc++ to provide an OO interface. Also included is dbus-cxx-xml2cpp to generate proxy and adapter interfaces from DBus XML introspection-like documents.
If you want to jump into the code quickly check out the quick start guide: Quick Start Guide to dbus-cxx
- dbus-cxx Github Project Page
- The dbus-cxx Github project page can be found here:
Download dbus-cxx packages or get the source code
Pre-built Debian packages may be found here: http://apt.rm5248.com/. These may or may not work properly with Ubuntu.
Debian/Ubuntu package description
- dbus-cxx0 - Libraries needed to run applications
- dbus-cxx-dev - Headers and libraries for developing applications with dbus-cxx
- dbus-cxx-doc - Developer's documentation including devhelp docs
- dbus-cxx-tools - Development tools, et. al. such as dbus-cxx-xml2cpp
- dbus-cxx-glibmm0 - Libraries need to run applications that integrate dbus-cxx into glibmm
- dbus-cxx-glibmm-dev - Headers and libraries for developing applications that will integrate dbus-cxx into glibmm
- Source Code
- Releases - (.bz2, .gz, .zip) can be found on Sourceforge and Github
Source building directions
- Git Repository
- You can browse the git repository at this url:
- You can also check out a copy of the repository with this command:
- Dependencies... and where to get them
- dbus: http://dbus.freedesktop.org - Should be installed by default (runtime dependency)
libsigc++ https://github.com/libsigcplusplus/libsigcplusplus (compile dependency) See the README file for more information on compile-time dependencies
libcppgenerate https://github.com/rm5248/libcppgenerate (compile dependency)
- Documentation, Tutorials, Guides, Quick Start, et. al.
- Quick Start Guide
- If you want to jump into the code quickly check out the Quick Start Guide to dbus-cxx guide.
- dbus-cxx-xml2cpp Reference
- Documentation on using dbus-cxx-xml2cpp to convert DBus XML introspection documents into C++ proxies and adapters.
- API Reference
- The API documentation (including the pages you are reading now) have been generated with Doxygen.
- The built documentation also includes a devhelp index. The index is installed automatically in the dbus-cxx-doc RPM and can be browsed simply by starting devhelp.
- The most current documentation for dbus-cxx is available online here:
- Key sections within the API reference
- Mailing Lists
- Note that the old Sourceforge mailing lists are monitored, but new users should use the Google group.
- Google group(preferred)
- Sourceforge Users List (for those using dbus-cxx in their applications)
- Sourceforge Development List (for discussion related to the development of dbus-cxx itself)
- Found a bug? Open a bug on our Github bug tracker. If you need help using the library, the mailing list is the better location to ask for help.
- Patches are always welcome!!!
- You can either submit a patch through the mailing list, or create a pull request on Github.
- Feature Requests
- Either open a bug in the issue tracker, or provide your request to the mailing list. If it is a complicated feature request, the mailing list may be better to discuss what needs to be done.
- dbus-cxx is released under the